Jack Kerouac, as Sal Paradise once said: "I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion." And I think that's a rather apt description of my blog over the years, and perhaps the most perfect description of me in general that I've ever read. So that's what this blog is, a collection of the falling stars that are beckoning me at any time.

23 March 2008

Things I don't get about Ebay Sellers

I've been re-discovering my ebay addiction lately. I hadn't made a bid in over a year and then suddenly I've been on a tear buying vintage tupperware, and 70s pyrex, and fisher price toys, and Kid Robot vinyl collector's toys and of course vintage jewelry. I totally don't get how people expect to sell things like jewelry if they just have one dark camera-phone quality photo where you can't see any detail.

More than than though I have become intolerant of the word "rare" which seems to be attached to every damn listing on Ebay. "L@@K Rare Must See Vintage" If your item is so rare why are you selling it for $0.99? (not to mention if it's so rare why are there 40 other listings of the same thing?)

No comments: