Jack Kerouac, as Sal Paradise once said: "I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion." And I think that's a rather apt description of my blog over the years, and perhaps the most perfect description of me in general that I've ever read. So that's what this blog is, a collection of the falling stars that are beckoning me at any time.

27 March 2008

why is everyoe I know getting married?

So my ex is now engaged, and it makes me feel just inexplicably hollow a wee bit. I don't get it at all, I'm ecstatic for him because he seemed so blue about girls when last we spoke, which was just around the time he met his now fiancee, and more than that shortly after we split I met my current boyfriend who I love and am very happy with. And, yet, inside there's that just awful sinking inside, actually I think I felt more of a blow when I heard about the engagement than I did when he told me he'd met someone else when we split. I don't get emotions sometimes. Also why is everyone I know getting married? Seriously starting in June I'm going to be sitting through a lot of weddings. Some I'm excited about, others, not so much.

No comments: