Jack Kerouac, as Sal Paradise once said: "I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion." And I think that's a rather apt description of my blog over the years, and perhaps the most perfect description of me in general that I've ever read. So that's what this blog is, a collection of the falling stars that are beckoning me at any time.

13 February 2009

another day another dollar (or where I buy things and pretend that's "helping the economy"

I finally got Gus back last night, after almost 2 weeks, and I'm not convinced yet that i won't have to bring him back in, because today on the way into work it really didn't seem as though the engine was behaving properly. (he maintains speed, though doesn't sound like he likes to travel fast anymore and as soon as you take your foot off the accelerator the rpms drop like a rock, which did not used to happen before this debacle.) Only it's been such a pain not to have an auto, and I was very unhappy that the repair shop was so miserable about keeping in touch about delays, that I really don't want to have to bring him back in. Honestly I was more upset about constantly having to call them everyday twice, once to check in and be told it would be done that day and then once again at the end of the day because i hadn't been called to say the car was ready (which of course was not ready, was oh tomorrow for sure) than I really was about how long it took.

I went to Target to pick up my prescriptions and found some more of the Orla Kiely stuff. Of course the canisters that I'm really coveting were still not in, maybe on Sunday. This roll out has been frustrating and really annoying. I'm not sure whether it was just horrifically mis-managed or just some devious plot to get people to go to target multiple times where they would be suckered into buying a bunch more stuff. G-d only knows I can't venture into Target without buying something I don't really need. That said the irritation still wasn't enough to stop me from purchasing. =) I picked up the apron, tablecloth, floor mat (though I don't really have anywhere to put that yet since I like my owl kitchen rug too much to transplant it. Perhaps after the move.)pear tea towels and oven mitts. They didn't have any of the pear placemats left or the coasters, I might have to scope a different Target later when I go back to hunt for the canisters and cups. I've decided I probably won't buy much of the dishes because I don't really like melamine. I'll probably just get a small tumbler for the washroom and a couple of the mugs.

It snowed like a mofo today, they even closed our office early. I hope the roads are cleared up by tomorrow, I really need to make a trip to the market.

No comments: