Jack Kerouac, as Sal Paradise once said: "I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion." And I think that's a rather apt description of my blog over the years, and perhaps the most perfect description of me in general that I've ever read. So that's what this blog is, a collection of the falling stars that are beckoning me at any time.

18 August 2005

letting illness repress me: vorbotten

I'm starting to feel relatively more on the human side than not, though still quite ill. One of the worst things about being sick, regardless of what it is you're sick from, is that you're constantly having to relegate life into things you think you're well enough to tackle and things you're going to have to wait to start until you get better. I am far too much of a get an idea and go person than one who can wait around to start it, usually because if I wait I've had a dozen new ideas an I'm just not interested anymore.

I saw photos of other moustache softies on plush rush which is another one of those things I'd love to submit to and participate in, but there are so many people out there with far better sewing skills and experience than me, so odds on getting aomething in is low enough that it hardly seems worth the bother. Morris will at least be happy to know htat he has stuffed moustache bretheren.

Today I ran across swank signs a photo collection of all the truly odd and wonderful public works signs from all over the globe, complete with an area for all the smart asses to invent funny captions or speculate just what was going through the warning sign makers' heads when they created something so odd. It's definitely a big bonus for the timewasters who like to laugh aout there.

No comments: