Jack Kerouac, as Sal Paradise once said: "I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion." And I think that's a rather apt description of my blog over the years, and perhaps the most perfect description of me in general that I've ever read. So that's what this blog is, a collection of the falling stars that are beckoning me at any time.

23 August 2005

fall has finally arrived.

My final semester starts today, I'm so excited, not just that in four short months I shall finally be a graduate after ten and a half years of educational nomadism, but also with the exception of an inward groan that my final fiction studio has to be with Anna, whose teaching style and complete arbitraryess of grading in the past leaves me not at all excited to work on novel writing with her, I'm really excited about the course load. It's true I'll be practially living in the pressroom especially on Tues and Thursdays, but I can't wait to see what I push myself to create theis semester in both hand produced book 2 and bookbinding.

Things worked out for the best for once and that freshman comp class I was worried that I was going to have to take because of a a mixup involving recieving credit for my AP exam at my first college but not this one. All is therefore fixed and I'm all good to go for degree application.

No comments: