Jack Kerouac, as Sal Paradise once said: "I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion." And I think that's a rather apt description of my blog over the years, and perhaps the most perfect description of me in general that I've ever read. So that's what this blog is, a collection of the falling stars that are beckoning me at any time.

12 August 2005

swaps ops and brainstorms

I'm totally becoming addicted to swaps I think. I've written in to sign up for backtack 2 after being completely wowed by everyone's posts on version one, and I've even started coming up with a cool design for a bag for it. I'm also going to do blogging by mail 2, because how perfect, I've been moaning for awhile that I've just got the desire to bake things, but as I've no one to bake them for I just end up either eating a whole forest of cupcakes myself or half of them go to waste, so this way other people get snackies, and I don't feel so guilty about consming a ton of sweeties because they were made by someone else and it would be rude not to eat them all :) (yes my sense of healthy eating can be convinced quite easily to shut up with a good excuse :)) Also it's looking like Shell is going to run with my suggestion of an artist trading cards swap (I'm too lazy, plus I think I've too few readers to be the central cog in organising one anyway) so I'll definitely be in on that. The department at school was supposed to be doing one this summer, at least amongst us non-digital printmakers and letterpress folks, but I've not heard a peep about it and summer's almost up, so either it got abandoned or it's not going to get into gear until the semester starts in about a week. Speaking of my prints I've got a half finished block yelling at me to get to work on it, where has my summer gone?

I've finally figured out what I'm making for MOS this month, whihc makes me happy because I've been hating every design I drew out for the last 2 weeks, finally I tried an old comedy writing brainstorm technique of just writing down a bunch of words and viola an idea was born.

Now I just need to come up with my theme for the double disc debacle and I am right back on creative track for the month.

No comments: