Jack Kerouac, as Sal Paradise once said: "I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion." And I think that's a rather apt description of my blog over the years, and perhaps the most perfect description of me in general that I've ever read. So that's what this blog is, a collection of the falling stars that are beckoning me at any time.

19 July 2005

hooked on a feeling (and that feeling is undiluted mirth at the cheeseballness)

I just saw what is either the best thing ever or a crime against humanity,
the new David Hasslehof music video There is seriously nothing more ridiculous than Hasselhof's music career, even though, I know, I know the Germans love him. I might have said ok, William Shatner's music career, but then he did that album with Ben Folds where he did the brilliant cover of Pulp's common people (I do so love Jarvis Cocker.) Plus Shatner was always just bad, Hasselhof is cheesy in the most imaginably cheesy way and being that ridiculous is sort of his marketing gimmick. This video does not disappoint, it's almost more shamelessly cheesy than Bollywood musical numbers in the middle of police action dramas. and we make money not art is my hero for the day for posting the link.

I swore upon getting up that today I would be making my sock monkey for MOS, let's see if I can motivate myself to not be lazy. It is after all an imperative that someone with sockmonkeyrevolt as an email and aim name make a sock monkey I should think.

No comments: