Jack Kerouac, as Sal Paradise once said: "I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion." And I think that's a rather apt description of my blog over the years, and perhaps the most perfect description of me in general that I've ever read. So that's what this blog is, a collection of the falling stars that are beckoning me at any time.

21 July 2005

Thursday= project logjam

Today I'm having one of those days where there are too many possibilities for the day and in the end I end up not doing anything at all because I'm too busy trying to decide what to do. I could put in some more work on my painting, that progress seems to have ground to a halt on as soon as it got swelteringly hot out and I pulled out the sofa-bed in my old bedroom/ now studio of sorts because it's cooler to sleep there, plus it has a TV. I could finish up the carving for the first layer of the linocut I started working on a month or so ago. I could felt that wool I bought to play around with dying and felting. I could design a quilt to start. I could make that old pair of army pants into a skirt like I've been telling myself I was going to do since like November. I could work on that guerilla art project I declared was going to be my summer project.

So all in all I have too many projects I want to work on and what will end up happening is I'll end up not working on any of them, but just sitting around reading Ulysses instead. Well I guess as long as I do actually read instead of watching lousy daytime TV then something constructive will be occurring.

No comments: