Jack Kerouac, as Sal Paradise once said: "I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion." And I think that's a rather apt description of my blog over the years, and perhaps the most perfect description of me in general that I've ever read. So that's what this blog is, a collection of the falling stars that are beckoning me at any time.

18 July 2005

postal adventures.

today I annoyed the post office by sitting down on the floor amidst a nest of mailing boxes and fabric scraps while I sorted out each package for mecozy's fabric scrap swap. I ended up deciding to raid the fabric room of my hoarder mother, becuase there's so much vintage fabris in there that won't ever go to good use, such a mess of a room, tipes. I found what has to be the ugliest fabric ever made, some odd brown and orage print from the 70s with jungle and baboons, so naturally I felt it was imperative to send everyone at least a scrap of it, it's sort of a trainwreck. :) I can't wait to start getting scraps from everyone else, I might actually have to start a new quilt when I do.

It's funny how everyone in the postal queue glares at you when you have a huge stack of parcels to mail.

No comments: